Pick a number from the list and I'll answer it in the comments.
1 - Your current OTP
2 - A pairing you initially didn't consider but someone changed your mind
3 - A pairing you have never liked and probably never will
4 - A pairing you wish you liked but just can’t
5 - Have you added anything stupid/cracky/hilarious to your fandom, if so, what
6 - What’s the longest you’ve ever been in a fandom
7 - Do you remember your first OTP, if so who was in it
8 - Do you prefer characters from real action series or animated series
9 - Has the internet caused you to stop liking any fandoms, if so, which and why
10 - Name a fandom you didn't care/think about until you saw it all over tumblr/your social network sites
11 - How do you feel about the other people in your current fandom
12 - Your favorite fanartist/author gives you one request, what do you ask for
13 - Your favorite fanart or fanartist
14 - Your favorite fanfiction or fanauthor
15 - Choose a song at random, which OTP does it remind you of
16 - Invent a random AU for any fandom (we always need more ideas)
17 - A ship you’ve abandoned and why
18 - A pairing you ship that you don’t think anyone else ships
19 - Show us an example of your personal headcanon
20 - Do you remember what your first fanwork was?
21 - Self-rec: What's your favorite fanwork you've created?
22 - Are you one of those fans who can’t watch anything without shipping
23 - 5 favorite characters from 5 different fandoms
24 - 3 OTPs from 3 different fandoms | Take Two!
25 - A fandom you’re in but have no ships from
26 - Just ramble about something fan-related, go go go
Ask me a writing-related question in the comments. It can be about my writing or writing in general, whatever you want. Questions can be as wacky as you want. Ask me about characters, quirks, habits, opinions, favorites, difficulties, fandoms, inspirations, ficathons, challenges, specific stories. Ask whatever! I'll answer and, in return, I will ask you a question at least loosely connected to yours.
Tell me about a story I haven't written, and I'll give you one sentence from that story.
- Anakin and Kitster as mercenaries/smugglers for frostbit_sky
- The Love Song of Sherlock Holmes for rabidfangirl
- That one where Thor is convinced that Lady Gaga is just another of Loki's clever disguises for starfoozle
- Hagen of Nibelungenlied fame for atanone
- The one where Sabé grows up to be a Rebel agent and works with Leia for sunnyskywalker
Ask me my Top Five Whatevers. Fannish or literary or otherwise. Any top fives. Doesn't matter what, really! Fandoms, ice cream flavours, cartoon moments, women in my fandoms, OTPs, ideal holiday destinations, goals for the future, celebrity crushes, books I wish would be made into movies, love songs. And I will answer them all in a new post (or in comments). Possibly with pictures.
And on another note entirely, here is a meme which has been going around!
- Leave a comment saying "Beam me up Scotty!"
- I'll respond by asking you five random questions.
- Update your journal with the answers to your questions.
- Include this explanation and offer to ask other people questions.
I have questions from starfoozle and albumsontheside, which calls for yet another cut!
( Q + A under here )
Also, I still have half an alphabet left on the letter fic meme. Claim one if you want!
Pick a letter and a corresponding word, then name a character, a set of characters, or a pairing. In exchange, I'll write you at least one hundred (100) words of fic! If someone's already claimed a letter, then please pick another.
- a | anarchy + Bail Organa (selonbrody)
- b | beginning + Frodo (glassapples)
- c | curiosity + Anakin and Ahsoka (dagor_hamster)
- d | desert + clones of choice (starfoozle)
- f | faith + Cham Syndulla (glassapples)
- h | haberdashery + Nute Gunray (veriond)
- i | in dreams + Zuko (albumsontheside)
- k | kissyfaces + Balsa/Tanda (veriond)
- l | labor camps + Padmé Amidala (ansketil_rose)
- m | mind games + Mai (elle_white)
- n | no + Barriss Offee (charmisjess)
- p | philosophy + Beru (callarkhamquick)
- q | questions + the Mad Tea Party (callarkhamquick)
- r | revolutionary + Jar Jar (frostbit_sky)
- s | snowball + Anakin/Vader (hydrogen_helium)
- t | tea + Shmi and Kitster (frostbit_sky)
- u | understanding + Spock/Uhura (sunnyskywalker)
- v | veritas + Anakin (albumsontheside)
- x | xenophilia + character(s) of choice (veriond)
Check my fandoms, my favorite characters, the pairings I like the most, my kinks, my fictional crushes, anything. Now, in a friendly and possibly teasing way, point out the obvious and not so obvious trends or fetishes you see in my tastes. Maybe I'm nuts for all vampire stories, or have a thing for men who smoke, or I'm fond for the tsundere archetype, or I'm into rival slash. Let's point out all of those you've noticed I tend to squee about during our friendship.
Also, here is an icon meme snagged from elle_white.
1. Comment to this entry saying 'ICONS!' and I will pick 7 of your icons.
2. Make an entry in your own journal and talk about the icons I picked!
( my answers under here )
01. The first character I fell in love with:
02. The character I never expected to love as much as I do now:
03. The character I would shag anytime:
04. The character I'd slap:
05. Who are my 3 favorite characters.
06. What are my 3 favorite pairings.
07. Which character I'm most like.
08. The coolest thing about the canon:
09. The lamest crappiest thing about the canon:
10. My guiltiest pleasure in this fandom:
11. What story I wish I could read (or art I wish I could see):
12. What story I wish I had written/still want to write (or art, respectively):
I will also go for specific parts of fandoms, or even specific AUs (read: Anabasis), if you're feeling it.
Your result for The Fan Fiction Personality Test...
Everything is possible, nothing is ever really over.
Fanfiction is a creative outlet for you. You don't intentionally write it, it just happens. You find inspiration in several fandoms, but are not obsessed with only one.
You like to explore "what if" situations. What if this character had never made this very choice? What if this event had taken place sooner, never, elsewhere? What if these people had never met?
You are likely to write Alternative Universes, fan seasons or sequels and just follow your (sometimes pretty strange) plot bunnies.
Leave me a comment saying "Resistance is Futile."
• I'll respond by asking you five questions so I can satisfy my curiosity.
• Update your journal with the answers to the questions.
• Include this explanation in the post and offer to ask other people questions!
( questions under here )
This, naturally, has caused me to think about what position I would hold on a Starfleet ship, and I have reached the logical conclusion that, in the world of the future, I would be the Catholic chaplain. Why is this logical, you ask? Well! For one thing, it only makes sense that Starfleet would have several chaplains of different religious traditions for a mission that lasts as long as five years. This is pretty standard military practice now, and I don't think that's going to disappear. Also, there will absolutely be women priests in the world of the future.
Now, why in the world the Catholic chaplain would be running around in a blue shirt, I'm sure I don't know, except that blue seems to be kind of the catch-all color. Red is either ops or security, and gold is command, but blue covers everything from science to medical to history and anthropology. So...theology wouldn't be too much of a stretch?
ANYWAY. Here is a meme from yenneffer.
Eat more Jesus. Pfft. I guess it's a good thing I'm becoming Catholic!
Leave me a comment saying "Boom-cha" and I will respond by asking you five questions that satisfy my curiosity. Update your journal with the answers to the questions, including this in the post.
( my thoughts on Jedi and the Last Airbender movie fail under here )